Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Another pair finished!

Some day the excitment of finishing another pair of socks will wane, but right now it's still fun! I finished a pair of basic socks in a gray and black Regia varigated this weekend. I tried to learn some new skills (3rd pair) by doing an eye of partridge heel and a German round toe. I like the way the toe looks, but I haven't worn the socks yet, so that will be the big test. I am now in the position of not having socks on needles: however, I am halfway through with the second clog of the Fiber Trends pattern. I've never felted before--at least not intentionally--so I'm interested in seeing how this comes out. After that, back to the sock yarn.

I am off to another week of school. Today I am trying something new in the way of an assignment on Beowulf. We'll see how the students do with it. It is hard sometimes to think of really interesting approaches to the very early periods of British Literature without getting downright silly, and I have done that a few times. I'm trying to figure out how felted shoes would work into a discussion of the medieval period. I'll have to do some research on that.

No comments: