Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Definition of a "Good" Long Weekend

--Spending quiet times with DH--always a pleasure, even after 28+ years.
--Long visits with both grown children and their spouses and/or children.
--DD and DDIL are both pregnant and doing well. One morning spent going through stored baby items with DD while DGD played all around us
--Rain (In the Texas Panhandle it's always a source for celebration. Falling asleep to the sound of rain on the roof is a particular blessing.)
--I finally learned how to follow a lace chart. Admittedly, it is for Branching Out, a fairly simple pattern. Part of the problem I had been having was seeing the distinctions between K and SSK and K2tog. I went over those with a red pen--English teachers always have one of those handy--and it helped. I also put my chart on a magnetic stand that was not made for that purpose. It is a portable stand for Magnetic Poetry. I even used words from Shakespeare to hold the pattern up and sticky notes to keep my place. DD, a technical writer, referred to my setup as "multitasking."
--turning my first heel and doing the gusset on Magic Loop
--a new paperback romance by Judith McNaught to read in a bubble bath.

1 comment:

Soonerbeknitting said...

I know what you mean about rain - what a blessing it is! Your Branching Out is looking great - you shoudl enter it in the fair next year!

I'm impressed you are doing Magic Loop. I bought the book, but haven't had the courage to leave the DPN's.