Saturday, October 07, 2006

Poncho blocked and fringed



The poncho fits fine after the blocking. Here is the finished item. I know it is a very simple pattern, but it's just what I need for my purposes.

I have also been working off and on on Branching Out in a gray-blue Silky Wool. I have had to frog a couple of times, but I've been careful to put in frequent lifelines, so I've rescued most of my work. It's row seven of the pattern that keeps getting to me. I've been working from the written directions, not from the chart. I need to remedy that, since part of my purpose in doing this project is to learn to knit from a chart. Here's a picture of my progress to date.

No one would be able to guess that my favorite color is blue. . . .

I am still knitting on the BBS for Socks for Soldiers, and I have a pair of Kroy socks on needles for myself from the Winter Eclipse colorway. After knitting with finer weights of sock yarn, I am not particularly enjoying these, but I like the color, and I think they will go with the poncho and some other items in my wardrobe.

No comments: