Friday, December 08, 2006

My First Spinning


These are my first singles. This is my first singles. Which one is correct? Anyway this is my horribly uneven first attempt at spinning. Now I just need to ply it. I think I used about 2 oz. of roving that came in the spinning kit from Bellwether. The spinning was spread over 20-30 minute sessions on several evenings. I have two more bits of roving in the kit, and I just got a package from Sheep Shed Studio that I am saving for later. I guess that means I have a fiber stash now as well as a yarn stash. I also have a stash of some Tropical Punch Kool Aid to dye with.

3 comments:

Soonerbeknitting said...

I am so impressed! I have a spindle and some roving I bought at the Taos Wool Festival over a year ago and that is as far as I have gotten.

Your yarn looks so even.

~Sherie~ said...

Oh, looks wonderful!! I just got my spinning kit and tried it last night. :)

Where in the Texas panhandle are you? I'm in Amarillo. It would be great if we're close and can figure out this spinning together!

my email is sherie AT lightshines DOT net

unkoine said...

I think you would say, "This is my first spun single" :P