Friday, December 29, 2006

Projects-to-Be


I haven't knitted too much in the last week, but I have enhanced my stash.

On needles--a pair of socks for my dh from Regia. I also have two Miss Dashwoods to make for dgds-to-be. I'm waiting for the yarn now.

Some fiber treasures I've recently acquired:

Corriedale Pencil Roving from Crown Mountain Farms. This is lovely to spindle with, although my skills are still not very good. You can see my attempts on the Little Si spindle.

Ruby River Mountain Colors Bearfoot for another pair of "spirit socks" for me for school.

Two beautiful skeins of Superwash Merino/Tencel sock yarn from
Susan's Spinning Bunny. Both of these colorways are much richer than they appear on camera, and they have almost a silk-like sheen. The colorways are "Roses for You," based on the colors of antique Gallica roses and "Anshan's Biscotti." The roses will be for my dd--they are her favorite flower.

2 comments:

~Sherie~ said...

Oh, fibery goodness. I just got a big fiber stash enhancement yesterday. Love the pencil roving, I've been thinking about trying some out. Glad to hear you like spinning with it.

Happy New Year!

Soonerbeknitting said...

I was going to try to NOT order any more sock yarn - and then you provide a link to that wonderful yarn. I have no discipline. I have to have some of the biscotti!