Sunday, January 14, 2007

First Finished Objects of 2007




Two Miss Dashwood baby hats from Knitty.com. I made these out of the new Cottonease in the Berry color. I used the circular needles, but I switched to a Magic Loop instead of DPNs. Both hats have the button-up earflaps on the inside and seed stitch ties. One skein of the yarn made both hats in the newborn size with a little bit left over. The picot cast-on--the first I've ever done--came out a little differently on each hat, and I'm not entirely sure why. These are for two new granddaughters, one expected next week and one expected in February.

2 comments:

Soonerbeknitting said...

Those are adorable! I'll have to go find the pattern - I have some Cottonease squirreled away somewhere.

I like your ice pictures also. We had to go for inservice today, but it was nice to stay in yesterday.

~Sherie~ said...

How precious! Seed stitch ties? I'm off to check that out as I need some ties for a baby kimono I'm knitting. Those look like just the ticket.