Friday, February 02, 2007

Socks for DGD


These are my first children's socks. They will hopefully fit a child's size 7 shoe size although they look somewhat big to me. They have not yet been machine washed and dried. I made them using measurements and stitch counts from Sensational Knitted Socks as well as basic sock instructions from the Yarn Harlot. The yarn is Elann Sock It to Me Puzzle, color 717. I had quite a bit left out of a 50 g. ball. I think I need to pick up fewer gusset stitches. I am still not pleased with the kitchener stitch on my toes.
Now I just need to cast on some for my DGS. He will love the green.

1 comment:

Soonerbeknitting said...

The socks look great - I know your grandchildren will love them. Kitchener gives me problems also. I always keep the directions in Melville's Purl Stitch in front of me, but sometimes it's fine and sometimes I have a ridge and I never know why!