Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Socks for Project Spectrum and Slight Progress toward 2007 Fiber Goals


These are the Lacy Mock Cable Socks. The cables are actually straight--my feet are just crooked! They were knitted on size 2 Knitpicks options using a Magic Loop technique. The yarn is Knit Picks Essential Tweed, color Flint. I found the yarn to be very soft and smooth, but somewhat splitty. The colors for Project Spectrum for February/March are gray, blue, and white. These, along with the baby slip shown below, should qualify.


Inspired by the Yarn Harlot's recent garter stitch spree, I ordered some yarn from www.handpaintedyarns.com to make Elizabeth Zimmerman's ribwarmer. I know this is the year to be knitting from stash, but I got back into knitting so recently that I don't have much in the way of stash. I have acquired mostly sock yarn, and we all know that doesn't count. However, new goals keep getting added. I've fallen in love with some of the Fishermen's Knit sweaters from Alice Starmore. I've added those to my fiber goal list.

1 comment:

Soonerbeknitting said...

Thanks for sharing about Project Spectrum. I hadn't paid attention to the button until I saw your post and, how bizarre, the socks I have been working on this month are gray, blue and white. It seems I need to join Project Spectrum!