Sunday, April 29, 2007

My "Priceless" Sock Bag

I have been reading many posts about knitting bags on the Knitter's Review board. I am extremely pleased with the bag I use for carrying my sock projects around when I am not at home. (At home I don't use a bag for socks.) This bag was scrounged from my daughter's high school/junior high leftovers. I think it was originally home to a Walkman on long school bus trips. It has the following features:
It is made of heavy Cordura nylon and thickly padded so sharp needles don't poke through.

It has both an adjustable shoulder strap and a short carry handle.

It has a large outside pocket.

In a pinch, I can squeeze in my wallet so that I don't have to carry a purse.
It opens flat with a handy mesh inner pocket. This photo shows the flat view of a sock-loaded bag--yarn and finished first sock on the left, sock journal and sock on needles on the right. Notice that there is a divider standing straight up in the middle and a velcro tab on the left. I use these.

Below is a picture of the partially unzipped bag, showing how the velcro tab and divider hold my skein of yarn upright to feed out through the opening.



1 comment:

Jane said...

Great idea and use of recycling. Thanks for the tip!