Friday, May 11, 2007

End of School Madness--Knitting Sanity

The usual end-of-school frenzy is upon us--Advanced Placement tests, TAKS results coming in, pre-registration for next year, graduation plans, prom, awards ceremonies, who's who, a charity soccer game, and a lip sync contest. That's the last two weeks. Of course, I'm still teaching seven sections per day in the midst of this madness, and there are still final exams and book check-ins to go. I have developed the usual stress-related fever blisters, and I'm really grouchy--just ask my DH.
Knitting is a calming oasis in all of this. I find myself longing for a sock when I don't have one in hand although I'm not entirely sure about carrying around pointy sticks for the next two weeks.
I have completed the cable swatch for the FLAK KAL sweater.
It's a good thing I made it because it took me a little while to get the hang of the chart and the cables. Tonight I cast on and got about 2 inches done on the first saddle.

OTN--FLAK KAL sweater
Magic Stripes socks

1 comment:

Soonerbeknitting said...

I can sympathize, although I don't have AP. I'm just trying to corral 8th graders who are totally convinced they are through - who cares about finals??

And, at least TAKS is over.