Friday, May 25, 2007

Voici!

Given the subject of this post, the title should probably be in Gaelic instead of French, but I have no idea how to do that.

Finally, a saddle for the FLAK KAL sweater in the correct gauge! The yarn is still Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool in Violet Heather. I even used a new-for-me technique. The minicables on each edge are done without a cable needle using the "Slip and Switch" technique from this Knitty article. Yes, I know big cables can be done without cable needles as well, but just getting a grip on this very narrow knitted strap with tightly braided cables was enough without trying to hold firmly to stitches that were off-needle.

May everyone have a safe Memorial Day weekend!
School is out! Yeehah!

2 comments:

Where fibers meet mud said...

Have fun with the FLAK! I wore mine so much last winter it was like a uniform and I was waiting for my friends to say so! Solution to that - might have to know another!

I love your color choice and those swatches save you every time. I used mine until the last ribbing on the sleeve and bottom edge!

csager said...

Beautiful plum color Jane. Living in Kansas have been through Texas panhandle several times to go to Albuquerque. It also seems to be the place I end up having car trouble. (3X's) I have taken to just going around. LOLOL
Connie