Thursday, July 19, 2007

Handspun Project


I wanted to do something from my handspun, so I looked up a pattern that could use some of the thick-and-thin irregular stuff from my first wheel spinning. I found this pattern on line, the "Simple Triangular Shawl" by Janice Farrell Pea. I used larger needles for a more lacy effect, as well as trying to get as much as I could from the amount of yarn I had. The final result is about 60" x 25" after blocking. This will work well for me for school this winter--warm enough for a fast run to the car--about 20 yards--and to stand in the hallway between classes and not too warm to wear pinned on in the classroom. I'm wearing it as I type just because I can and because the Kookaburra that I washed it with smells so good!
OTN-FLAK KAL sweater
2nd Tidal Wave Sock
Regia Bamboo Socks

2 comments:

Sherie said...

WooHoo, looks terrific!! Isn't is wonderful knitting something from the yarn you spun?

Carrie said...

I'm waiting to see a red/black "spirit" poncho to match your socks!