Saturday, August 25, 2007

Fibonacci Stashbuster Sweater


After making the two Baby Surprise Jackets, I was going to put the leftover yarns in my stash. This, however, is a Knitting Pure and Simple Child's Pullover (sort of), size 2-4 (sort of). I changed the sleeves by adding knitted cuffs. I don't really care for a rolled edge on the sleeve and on the bottom, and I remembered EZ's comments about how ribbing could make a too-long sleeve fit, so I have attempted to add some "grow room" by doing the sleeves this way. I first put ribbing on the bottom sweater edge, but I didn't like the way it made the stripes look, so I added a seed stitch edging that maintained the Fibonacci sequence. I had plans to stripe the sleeves, but the ends of Cotton-Ease are more difficult to weave in securely than wool, and I decided it was making for too much underarm bulk. My DGD has not tried this on yet, but my DGS tried it on last night so I could see how to size the same pattern for him, so it should be a good fit for her.
The colors in this picture are fairly accurate, and they are the "new" Cotton-Ease colors. I am mentioning this because they call that blue color "Violet," and it is much more blue than violet. The other colors are Stone, Lime, and Berry. They are very nice colors, but I really liked some of the old Cotton-Ease colors as well.
The sweater was blocked by washing on the handwash cycle on a Maytag front-loader and laying flat to dry. Some fuzzies from the woven-in ends poked through from the washing, and I had to trim them. I hope it stops doing this.

7 comments:

Soonerbeknitting said...

I love the sweater. I haven't seen the new Cotton Ease colors yet - you make me want to go buy more yarn! And, I know I need that pattern. I really like the KPS patterns for kids.

Hope your new school year is a good one.

Carrie said...

"That's preeeety." :-)

inukshuk71 said...

What a lucky girl to get such a lovely sweater. Great colours!

Lucy said...

Lovely work - love your blog too!!Congratulations!

Sherie said...

The sweater is lovely! Great combination of colors and I love the stripes on the body. Oh, and the blog re-design is fantastic!

Mary said...

Very nice-looking sweater!

TRACEY. said...

Lovely sweater. Also the new design of your blog is great.
knitty, witty, woo