Friday, August 31, 2007

Spinning Content--No Picture

There is no picture because I just finished spinning about 300 yards of solid black alpaca and wool blend for a Christmas project. Did you ever try to make a picture of black yarn that showed anything but a large black blob? I know it could probably be done successfully with a lightbox or something, but I didn't have the patience to keep trying.

I have also been knitting steadily on Fibonacci sweater #2. I need about 2 rows on the body, both sleeves, and the neckline finish. I hope to be through this weekend. This one is a "guy" version--he's 4.

Haven't touched a sock all week.

This week is the first back-to-school week with students. That is a good thing. The obligatory week of teacher training was especially irritating this year because it continued into this week with two afternoons. That meant running a full 8-period schedule, including lunch, between 8 and 12:30 each day. I'm sorry, but that just means frustration for everyone. You can't accomplish much in two days of 25-minute periods. It was a real relief to actually have real class on Wednesday and Thursday. We're back to shorter periods today due to the pep rally for the first football game tonight, but 5 minutes shorter is not such a big deal. Besides, game day means I can wear jeans, a spirit shirt, and crocs and these socks!

1 comment:

Soonerbeknitting said...

I know what you mean about those short days. We do them also, and they are just a waste!

Love the spirit socks. When I get my Hogwarts socks done, I plan to make myself a pair to wear on game days.