Monday, October 22, 2007

FLAK Documentation

I'm knitting again on my FLAK sweater. Now that the weather is getting chilly, I'm in the mood to wear something like this. The back and front are completed. Next, I will pick up the stitches for the sleeves. The body will then be knit in the round. In this picture, the saddles look distorted, but they are actually straight. I think the sweater must not be lying perfectly flat.


This sweater is a pleasure to knit. The yarn--Elann's Peruvian Highland Wool--is extremely smooth and easy to knit, and the pattern instructions are so detailed and helpful. This is an excellent way to learn about sweater construction. I also just like to knit cables, so I am happy with that. The KP Options needles make the job much easier. As you can see, I'm using the cables for stitch holders.

3 comments:

N. Maria said...

Beautiful knitting! Beautiful color!
I'm with you about cables! Love to do them!

Sherie said...

Wow, the FLAK is looking wonderful! It's going to be a beauty when finished. And it did get cold didn't it? We were at the park Sunday evening watching the granddaughter play soccer when the front blew in. Yikes!

Kimberly said...

The cable patterning is really nice. I can see why you like this project.