Monday, November 05, 2007

Great Adirondacks


Here are my new socks--Great Adirondack Silky Sock, color Antique, on size 1 KPs, generic top-down pattern. I wore them today, and they were very comfy.

A month or so ago, there was quite a thread on the Knitter's Review forums about the perils of pooling and flashing and general gaudiness with handpainted yarns. Notice that the colors on the legs spiral perfectly and the spiral continues on the feet. There is only the slightest hint of pooling at the ankle. The heel flaps are very attractive as well, even though you can't see them.

I found the yarn to be very nice to knit with although it was somewhat hard and smooth, probably due to the silk, instead of being soft and fluffy. It was certainly not splitty. I am very pleased, and I will look for another colorway that I like in this brand.

No comments: