Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Thanksgiving Poll

My DD sent me these poll questions from Cranium:

1. If you could stuff a turkey with anything, what would it be? Cornbread stuffing, but I don't actually like it in the bird--I cook it as a separate dish.

2. If you designed a giant balloon for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade,what would it look like? An elephant, preferably Dumbo.

3. You can pick anyone to prepare Thanksgiving dinner for you, who would you choose? My mother and her sister Dessie, who loved doing turkey and dressing together so much that Aunt Dessie would come to spend the night just to be there to help cook the turkey.

4. What invention are you most thankful for? At my time of life, central heat and air and the ability to switch quickly from one to the other.

5. What's the best part about sitting at the kids' table? Being able to be silly without adults reprimanding you all the time.

6. If you had to eat only one kind of Thanksgiving food for an entire week,what would it be? Stuffing with cranberry sauce.

7. What's your favorite Thanksgiving memory or tradition? Sitting around the table with family eating nut pudding, our traditional holiday secret recipe.

8. What's the one thing that could make you brave day-after-Thanksgivingshopping? H__ __ __ __ freezing over.

9. This fall, instead of a pile of raked-up leaves, I'd like to jump into a pile of _grandchildren_.

10. A Thanksgiving food I wouldn't want thrown at me in a food fight is__noodles in hot broth_. I had a bowl of those explode in my hands a couple of years ago--not fun.

11. Next Thanksgiving, everyone should wear Native American costumes to the dinnertable!

12. How many times can you say the word "cornucopia" in ten seconds? 12

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Ha! Love your #9!

Barb said...

I love number 9 but I love number 8 even more! (Of course, this may be because I don't have any grandchildren.) Happy Thanksgiving!

Barb