Monday, December 24, 2007

Probably the Last FO of 2007 and a Christmas Wish


This is the Knitting Pure and Simple V-Neck Raglan from Noro Silverthaw. I finished it on December 21, but due to our family Christmas on the 22nd, I didn't get it on the Wooly Board until last night. I know that it looks short and wide, but it doesn't look that way on my body--probably because the body is also short and wide. The fabric is wonderfully soft and cozy. My only complaint is that the yarn had lots of knots. I spit-spliced, so I hope that the wool-angora-nylon blend holds.


Merry Christmas!

As I said, we had our family Christmas on Saturday. Our DD and her family arrived safely in spite of an early-morning ice and snow storm. Our DS and his family are local, so they were here, too. We had two baby girls at the cruising stage, and the two 4 yr. olds were sitting at a children's table nearby. They had a blast without so much adult supervision. It's amazing how entertaining children can be. Watching the little ones try out various unfamiliar tastes at the table was the greatest sort of fun. Then, of course, there were the presents and watching the kiddies have fun. I'm glad that we got to share. Both families moved on to dinners with the other side of the family today, and then they'll have their own Christmas Day at home.

DH and I drove to the nearest city today, ate a nice breakfast at The Cracker Barrel, watched other people frantically trying to finish Christmas shopping (and felt superior), had lunch at Red Lobster, and drove home. We did run into an old friend who used to live here, so that made the day special.

Tonight will be the Christmas Eve candelight service at church. I always need this one--quiet, beautiful, peaceful--music and communion. I particularly need it because Christmas is always a bittersweet time--my father died at midnight on Christmas Eve a number of years ago. It's at this time I remember the Christmases of my childhood, being carried to the living room on his shoulders on Christmas morning to see the tree and the presents, and the special Christmas that he carried me into the backyard in my coat and footed pajamas to sit me on the seat and adjust the chain length on the swingset that he had welded for me from pipe. I hope our children and their children will remember the special things. . . . Thank you, Daddy!



1 comment:

Carrie said...

It's a shame that we didn't get a pic of all four kiddos together. They were just too worn out!