Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Chase

When I'm in the mood for an adventure story, I often turn to the author Clive Cussler. His Dirk Pitt series has always amused me because he can make the most improbable plots seem possible enough to keep me reading. I read his work even though at least the early Dirk Pitt was something of a male chauvinist. The Chase, however, is an historical adventure set in 1906. As a Cussler novel goes, this one is fairly short, but as always it is full of fascinating "side" information as well.

Knitting--finished the pocket knitting for a Wonderful Wallaby project for next Christmas.

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I put both The Chase and The Mediterranean Caper on my "To Read" list.

I'm on a KAL to knit gifts for this year "in time" instead of "at the last minute". Come on over and join us, if you like. There are prizes involved!

http://knitallyear.blogspot.com/

Sherie said...

ha! I've been reading Dirk Pitt novels for years and I love 'em! But I was so disappointed in the movie Saraha. I like Matthew McConaughey but he's just NOT Dirk Pitt!!!