Friday, January 18, 2008

Fiber Progress at Last

At last I'm back to spinning on Mondays. This is the October fiber from the Spunky Fiber Club, "Goblin Eyes," Romney. The skein is 175 yards of a light worsted size, spun long draw, 2-ply. I really need to keep practicing. I am, however, pleased with this one, even though I am not sure what to do with it. I guess I'll wait for it to "speak."
Last spring, I knitted some beautiful socks for my DD. She did not wear them until this fall, and she said that she had worn them about 5 times when this happened to the heels of both socks.
I made an attempt at darning them. The holes were big enough that I had to pick up stitches and knit a patch. The existing sock fibers were so fragile-feeling that I had a little trouble seaming the sides of the patch.


I have also knitted both sleeves of a sweater for next Christmas--can't post pictures.

The bathroom reveal is still upcoming; the shower curtain and hooks have been wandering around the US on a rather rambling route. The blinds are not here yet, either. The job turned out to be a little more complicated than we expected because there was a problem with some rotten sheetrock behind some tile in the shower in the other bathroom. It has been repaired and the area has been retiled.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What about Huckabee? McCain? You've got Romney apparently.