Sunday, January 27, 2008

Julie Garwood again

After being rather disappointed with Shadow Music, I checked out Shadow Dance from the public library. This novel is modern, and while I still prefer her earlier historicals, I did find that this book contained the humor and quality of characterization that I had associated with her past work. I'm just glad the small Texas town that I live in is nothing like Serenity and that she hasn't completely lost what I used to read her for.

This afternoon we inducted members into our local chapter of the National English Honor Society. We have 11 new members, who are selected on the basis of overall academic achievement and outstanding performance in English. I blogged earlier about our project for this year, but I'm please to say that it was written up in the newsletter http://www.nehs.us/museletter/museletter_fall07.pdfof the national organization (page two). This link is posting strangely. I'll try to edit it later.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Yea you! CC the superintendent. :-)