Friday, January 11, 2008

Mysterious Ways

After my Wednesday pity party, I had every intention of skipping the women's meeting at church on Thursday night. It's not as if they would miss me--this was the signup for a group I hadn't been in but was intending to join. At the last minute, however, I decided to go. The food--a choice of soups, cornbread, and a dessert--was tasty and the program was informative and interesting. The age range was from late twenties all the way UP.

When we were standing around visiting after the program, a former professional colleague with whom I have also done volunteer work over the years rather quietly said that she is going to have to have a cardiac ablation as soon as it can be arranged. She is scared and miserable because she is already off her meds in preparation for the procedure. I was able to talk to her awhile about my experiences a year or so ago, and I think it really helped her. She has promised to call me as soon as she finds out her schedule. I was so glad that I had stopped feeling sorry for myself and gone to the meeting!

Still knitting on plain stockinette DH socks.

1 comment:

LizzieK8 said...

Funny how things can be put in perspective. Not to demean your own problems, but to understand that one can move past one's own issues to extend a helping hand to someone else.