Thursday, February 21, 2008

Books and Audiobooks

The audiobook of Elizabeth George's With No One as Witness was, predictably, an interesting listen, perfect for spinning and knitting when the writer's strike still has my favorite shows out of production for awhile. Inspector Lynley and Sergeant Havers were there usual selves, and the plot was satisfying.



After listening to her previous book, I bought Joshlyn Jackson's Gods in Alabama. Although this novel is very different from her second book, I found it satisfying. I did not seem to identify as strongly with the narrator, but perhaps that was a function of reading for myself instead of hearing the story told in the first person.

Right now, I'm in something of a snit because an audiobook download from Overdrive failed. It appeared to download just fine, but when I try to transfer to my MP3, it says that file 4 is defective and stops the transfer. The interface will not let me redownload to write over the file. I can't download again until after the 26th. Why is this a problem? Well, I've become spoiled to doing Saturday morning chores while listening to an audiobook from the player in my pocket. It makes the work go fast. Now I don't have one when I should, and it really ticks me off!

I have been knitting, and I will post pictures this weekend sometime. It's "crunch time" for English teachers in Texas right now. THE test is on March 5, and we will all be so glad when it is over. The other three core subjects are still under the gun until the last week of April or so.

1 comment:

Soonerbeknitting said...

This is the first time in a lot of years that I have worried over TAKS. This is my first SSI year though.

Thanks for the review of the books. I'm going to download a book right now.