Saturday, April 19, 2008

Ample Knitter Spring KAL

I had set April 15 as my day to start my project for the Spring Ample Knitter KAL. I missed it by a couple of days, but here's the center back panel for the Lapin Panel Jacket. It's a free pattern. I'm making some adjustments since it's a one-size jacket. I'm adding some extra width to the side panels to preserve the swinginess, and I'm also adding 4 inches in length. I realize the short length is fashionable right now, but it would not fit either my figure, my age, or my lifestyle. The yarn is LB Wool Ease in the Blue Mist colorway. I am knitting from stash, but I may have to scrape up another skein due to my alterations. I'll be switching back and forth between this project and finishing the Heartbeat Sweater. I think both projects will be fairly easy knits, but the slipperiness and splittiness of the bamboo yarn for Heartbeat can be irritating after awhile.


Today was a wonderfully quiet day--laundry and housework to the accompaniment of an audiobook, a problem with prescriptions and insurance solved for the time being, a nice lunch and grocery shopping with my husband in a nearby town, and a visit with DS, DDIL, and DG this afternoon, followed by an evening of knitting. I needed this.

No comments: