Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Testing!

We are basically shutting down the process of education today for 4 more days of testing. English Language Arts was tested in March, but now we are doing math , science, and social studies for 9th, 10th, and 11th grade exit. Actually the 9th grade tests on only 2 of the 4 days, I think. 10th and 11th test on 3. We are working in the physical fitness evaluation for each grade on one of the off days for each grade. We will have bus evacuation drills on Friday afternoon. The seniors are out every morning doing community service and don't have to come to school in the afternoons except for Thursday, when my college credit class is presenting their final projects. These students are so busy with extracurricular activities that I couldn't find a day except when the whole state shuts down for testing. Even then, one group presentation has had to be moved to Friday because a student got a call from a nearby university asking her to be there Thursday afternoon to interview for a scholarship in her major. They wouldn't change the appointment, and I didn't want to interfere with her getting more money.

My great fear is that I will mess up following one of the umpteen (professional word?) picky security rules and put my job and my teaching certificate in jeopardy. The other is that I will have to clear graphing calculators.

1 comment:

Sherie said...

Good luck with the testing. I have a good friend who works for AISD in the elementary grades. She's having to do individual testing this week and she's always concerned about the upteen-million rules!!