Monday, June 30, 2008

First Fulled Yarn


This is a 200 yd. skein spun from Lilac Falkland roving from Abby Franquemont. It's 10 wpi. I've spun some of this before, but I think I did a better job this time, and this time I fulled the yarn with hot, cold, hot, cold, hot, cold baths. I like the result. The skein is rather sloppy after all that squeezing and agitation, but I plan to wind it into a ball right away. Falkland is not the softest yarn, so I'm planning a "decorative" scarf for myself that will go under a collar or something and not be right next to my neck.


I finished a bunch of cleaning in the guest room today. It has become a catchall, and it was really a mess. I still have an item of furniture to move and a desk full of photos to sort in there. My DD is coming later this summer to help me hang some different curtains, but at least the room is livable again. I am expecting a guest in a couple of days--a DGD, and the portacrib is already set up.

2 comments:

Sherie said...

Looks great, and I love the color.

Knittinreed said...

It looks beautiful!!! How are the legs on your Traveler? I committed wheel heresy and glued mine in.