Friday, July 04, 2008

A Handspun Scarf


Jan's Sensational Scarf from One-Skein Wonders. I made a scarf by the same pattern last year for the Red Scarf Project, but I didn't get the pattern from the same source. That one was from Wool Ease, and the pattern was less open. I really like the nubby, slightly uneven texture and the color variations of this scarf. The yarn is the Falkland that I posted earlier this week. I used US 13 needles. In fact, I bought a set of 11-15s in a short straight needle earlier this year just for scarves. However, I'm so used to knitting with circulars that I just automatically drop my empty needle at the end of the row. I kept having to hunt for it.

5 comments:

Knittinreed said...

Very pretty! Your comment about dropping the needle made me laugh outloud - I do it too!!!

LizzieK8 said...

I had the opposite thing with the needle dropping. I used one circ to make a sock yesterday and kept trying to put the empty needle on my table!

Carrie said...

Very pretty!

Deb said...

What a beautiful scarf! I love the color.

Probably Jane said...

That's a gorgeous way to use your handspun -I hope mine is half as pretty as yours when I eventually finish it!