Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Off the Wagon



I've been on something of a yarn diet for the last few months other than buying a little bit for special things like my scarf for the Red Scarf Project for this coming winter. Earlier this week, I made some sock yarn purchases from The Loopy Ewe just because I am in a sock mood, even though I have some sock yarns in my stash. Today I dug in deeper. I was in Amarillo, and look what I found at Hobby Lobby--the new Sock Ease and Red Heart Heart & Sole. I know that neither of these is a designer yarn, but I'm excited about checking them out anyway. I have some good socks made from the old Magic Stripes, and this Sock Ease feels much less string-like.



In addition, I found some of the lacing that everyone has been talking about using for Ashford spinning drive bands. They didn't have the pretty colors, but I got white, black, and glow-in-the-dark and also a package of connectors. That should let me color code bands for the different whorls. I think that's a pretty exciting "take" for one-stop shopping.



I was in Amarillo to take my DD out to lunch for her birthday and spend some time with the DGDs. If you count picture books, I am now significantly over my 50 books for the year.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Technically, the Henry/Mudge and Oliver/Amanda books count as chapter books. :-)

Soonerbeknitting said...

You are not helping me at all! :) I was going to try to stay at home today, but now I will have to go to Hobby Lobby. I have been checking regularly for the new sock yarn. I only have enough for 35+ pair of socks!

Sherie said...

Well, that is interesting tubes for the drive bands. I have a Kromski, but this should work for it. I'll be going over to Hobby Lobby to take a look. Thanks for the tip.