Sunday, July 06, 2008

Tour de Fleece

One of my goals for the summer was to improve my spinning. I just noticed the entry about the Tour de Fleece on the Harlot's blog, and it seems like a good idea to give it a try. I have a couple of skeins of gray handspun, worsted weight, and a skein of some handspun from Spunky Eclectic the same weight. I also have a goal of knitting an EZ ribwarmer. I need more gray, and I have plenty of roving in my stash. The theme of this year's Tour is Spinning from Stash, so my goal is to complete enough gray handspun for a ribwarmer by the end of the race on July 27th. I had already laid out the roving, so I'll start spinning tomorrow. I also need to watch the EZ Ribwarmer video so that I can figure out how much I actually need for this vest. The directions are a little vague. It's good to have a plan.

2 comments:

Sherie said...

I'm spinning for Tour de Fleece too. Good luck!

LizzieK8 said...

I have a bunch of Jacob's on the SW right now for a Ribwarmer! Have fun with yours!