Sunday, November 09, 2008

Knitting and Literature

Hint: Sir Gawain's opponent would have worn my newest Christmas knitting project, although his would not have been knitted. Check my Ravelry project page for the picture.








I just finished listening to the audiobook of Divine Justice by David Baldacci from Audible.com. I am a fan of the Camel Club series, but this is the first that I have listened to instead of read. It was a good listen and fun to knit to. The setting was a little bit different from what I expected after reading The Camel Club and The Collectors, but that only made the book more entertaining. I think that anyone who likes the spy novel type of mystery would find these books good reads.

VERY light reading--



A friend and I have also been having a blast reading or listening, depending on availability, to a series of romance novels by Jayne Castle, one of the pen names of writer Jayne Ann Krentz. The particular books we have been reading, some of them scrounged from used book stores, take place on another planet which was settled by Earth colonists during a temporary opening in the space/time continuum. The novels are pretty much standard romance fare, but we particularly enjoy the dust bunnies, tiny creatures which inhabit the planet. They start out in the first novel as just minor creatures, but in succeeding books the companion animals take on rather interesting personalities. I remember back in the '70s thinking that I would really like to have an R2D2 unit of my own. Very handy. I sort of feel the same way about these tiny fictional creatures. I rather hope the author continues the series.

2 comments:

Knittinreed said...

Love the guantlets! I also like David Balducci's writing.

Thanks for your comments. If you go back a few posts you will read about the coughing issues that have finally been diagnosed. Things are much better now. Hope you are well too - your earlier post indicated you were also under the weather.

Rachel Anne said...

I've never listened to books on tape/CD/download, but I think I need to! Thanks for the nudge!