Sunday, January 18, 2009

The Ruffle is Finished!


The ruffle has 249 stitches of seed stitch for eleven rows; then the stitches are purled together in pairs, so that the stitch number is cut to 125. I really like the texture of the seed stitch, but I am horribly slow at it. I am now ready to begin the pattern stitch, which should go much faster since it is on a stockinette background. Because there is a center back seam, I am slipping the first stitch of every row to make seaming easier. I hope that's OK. I think I remember Meg Swanson suggesting that.

My knitting for the rest of the afternoon will be on the charity blanket. DH and I have a pay-per-view movie lined up, and I can do big garter stitch in semi-darkness.

1 comment:

LizzieK8 said...

I like seed st, too, but it's so annoying to do.... Although I've finally been able to do ribbing on auto pilot, so maybe I can do the seed st, too.