Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bah!

School was out early on Friday, and we don't have school on Monday. This is what is left of a 3-day break we used to have midwinter. I went directly from school to the doctor. I'd been feeling under the weather for a couple of weeks and had developed a headache and a sore throat the last couple of days.

If you want an idea how it's been going at school, the doctor's first words to me were, "You decided to come in too, huh?" I have filled in for people and been there when I should have stayed home, and now I'm missing my vacation. I have antibiotics for the sinus infection, something I'm prone to at this time of the year, and the sore throat is slowly improving, but I still feel exhausted. And guilty. I have so many things that I need to do, and don't feel like doing any of them much right now, or at least just in little increments.

I have, however, been knitting on a second Jane Austen Dress top. I hope to finish before the weekend is over. I'll post with the mods that I made--not too inventive--for knitting it in the round.

3 comments:

Knittinreed said...

Sorry you are under the weather. Maybe the extra day off will help your fatigue. Thanks for visiting today. Crazy, huh?!

Jeri said...

I'm so sorry you're feeling bad. I hope you get well soon.

Deb said...

Hope you're feeling better! I don't know what's worse: to be be sick while you're teaching and have to write sub plans, or to be sick on days off!