Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Finished Blanket



This is an off-season blanket made for the Victory Junction Gang group on Ravelry. It will not enter into the competition, but I'll send it in along with my "real" competition afghans.

The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver--durability and washability are big factors for these blankets. I tried to keep to race car colors. For my striping idea, I used the Lifesaver Blanket by Beth Sweet as an inspiration. Take a look at her site; I think she does marvelous things with color.

Short post--have to take the car to the shop and get to work!

Added at work: The gauge monster bit me on this blanket. We are limited to a certain size, and I did swatch, only to discover when I thought I was about 2/3 of the way through with the blanket that my width was an acceptable length. Therefore, I could either frog the whole blanket, or make it a vertical stripe instead of horizontal as I had planned. This issue also kept me from getting in all the color rotations I had planned. On the other hand, I think that I will have enough yarn for two more blankets for the competition instead of the one that I had planned. That is a plus for the children.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Your blanket looks terrific!

Knitman said...

I concur with Deb. Super blanket, with colours that are really alive.

Jeri said...

That Lifesaver blanket is great! I like it a lot.