Sunday, March 29, 2009

Progress of a Sort

Yes, that post title is a pun.





In working toward cleaning up that back room, I bought some totes yesterday and went to work sorting my stash. I thought I bought enough to have all identical totes, but I ended up having to use some from my daughter. It turns out that I have much more stash than I thought I had.
There are 1 1/2 totes of acrylic, much of it off-white because I had enough off-white acrylic for two afghans that I never made. I am slowly working that down by using it wherever white is needed in charity knitting blankets and will be using some more in some blankets for my grandchildren.
Amazingly, though, I have a whole tote of sock yarn! Oops!
The wool category includes enough for about 3 projects and some leftover yarn from previous projects.
The blend category contains yarn for a project or two and leftovers which will be combined with new yarn in afghans or turned into other things.
The cotton is my dishrag stash, and I really, really need some. I need a takealong project for this week, and it's not going to be a sock--it's going to be a dishcloth. As soon as the race is over, I'll "tote" these out of the living room back to the studio-to-be.

3 comments:

Knittinreed said...

You really have one less tote than you thought - sock yarn does not count as stash :-)

LizzieK8 said...

Great minds and all that. I keep thinking it's time to gather all my yarn in one location and sort through it again. And I keep trying to talk myself out of it, too!

FugueStateKnits said...

Oh boy! LizzieK8 is right! You've inspired me to sort my stash according to fiber! But then, I get to thinking about yarn weight and colors and.... oh dear....