Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Yippee!

The ELA test is over, and it went smoothly. I did feel sorry for some students, though, who were still writing when I left at 4. The test is a real struggle for some of our non-native speakers and special education students. They began at 9, with a 30 minute lunch. That's a long, long time.

There will be tests later in the year for math, science, and social studies, but my only responsibility for those is just to monitor. My one secret fear at that time is that I will be in the position of having to clear one of those newfangled graphing calculators.

I can now enjoy the time until the end of school. I am in the middle of Macbeth, preparing to start The Bean Trees, beginning Oedipus Rex tomorrow, and handing out Wuthering Heights next week.

1 comment:

Kekumukula said...

Thanks for adding to my post on Knitter's Review. It's so fun to learn historical tidbits about knitting. I wish I could read more. I'm so busy w/my two toddlers, but they keep me hopping. I like how you mention what you read. I can refer back to that as I should read more of the classics, substantial reading.