Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Frog Attack!



The February Lady Sweater is getting to me! After the last post, I reknitted, then noticed an error in spite of the new smaller stitch markers that were helping me spot that middle stitch on the increase row. I frogged again, ripping out about 1 inch.
I reknitted. About halfway through, I noticed something on one set of increases that looked "not quite right." Oh, surely not. I kept knitting. I thought it looked better. I knitted another row or two, sure that I could just keep on. After 8 rows, I had to admit it was wrong. Frogged again! This sweater was meant to be my easy summer project using some yarn that I already had in the stash. I can't believe this is happening on the "easy" part of the sweater. I think that what has happened is that when I have moved the marker up, I have only hooked it in 1/2 the stitch. Then on the next increase row, I've increased too early or too late as a result of misreading exactly where it is supposed to be. Now I'm just going to be extra careful about that. I have also resolved that if I think a row is wrong, I will frog it right then instead of waiting for a number of rows. I know better than to do that!
New book reviews on Shelfari.



1 comment:

Deb said...

I'm having a similar problem with my Twilight sweater. (no connection with book/movie). It's mostly stockinette stitch with every 7th row a knit 5, purl 1 alternating pattern. I won't tell you how many inches I've frogged!! I think it's so simple that I take it for granted.