Saturday, July 25, 2009

Something New, Something FINISHED

Look at the lovely new handspun! I won this by sponsoring Laura Coffey on her MS Ride. She is from Pennsylvania. Thanks, Laura, I can hardly wait to use this in a project.





And I finally finished a project--the second blanket for Victory Junction. This is, of course, a Mason-Dixon Log Cabin. I added a couple of strips on each end and an I-cord border to meet the size requirements. I'll be sending this and the previous blanket to the Victory Junction Gang group on Ravelry. They will be delivered in one big bunch. The yarn is Red Heart Super Saver. The blankets have to be very durable and washable for this project. I would like to find an acrylic that is easier on my hands, but those don't seem to come in the bright race car colors that are needed for this project. The Red Heart washes up very nicely and makes a soft durable blanket--and the colors are bright and cheerful.


Remember that I am posting book reviews on my Shelfari shelf in the sidebar of my blog. HOWEVER, my reviews of Sense and Sensibility and Persuasion seem to have disappeared from Shelfari and have been replaced by the Barnes and Noble reviews that go with the edition of the book I have pictured. Ironically, those were the two books that I actually reviewed on my blog, so you can click on the titles above to read the review.
Also, for all you sheepy people, someone just sent me this link to a rather entertaining video:

1 comment:

Sherie said...

Great yarn prize! And I really like how the blanket came out. Red Heart hurts my hands too. Have you tried the "I Love This Yarn?" It's washable too.