Sunday, August 30, 2009

A Great Start to the Year!

Well, none of my pessimistic fears materialized. The school year has begun very smoothly. Of course there were schedule conflicts and changes and a few other glitches, but they were handled quickly and efficiently. I am very pleased with my classes and the balance in student numbers as far as class enrollment goes. Because of such a smooth start, we are already "cooking" as far as course content goes. I know that some of the education experts recommend spending the first week getting acquainted and having the students play games getting acquainted with each other. I have found, however, that by 12th grade in a very small town, being acquainted is not usually a problem. In fact, students tend to be know almost too much about each other, mostly because they were all there when it happened. I know a little about this because for 16 years or so, my DH and I not only worked together but shared an office. Sometimes we ran out of conversation at the end of the day, and it was very hard at times not to take work home with us or not to make a work problem personal.

I also had some other good news. The Loopy Ewe, one of my favorite on-line stores, celebrated their third anniversary. I entered the contest on Sheri's blog, and I won one of the prizes. Perhaps I should say I was BLESSED with one of the prizes because this selection of yarns is fantastic.



Yarns, left to right:
  • bellamoden, noel, 1/16 tincture, superwash merino sport
  • Rohrspatz & Wollmeise 100% merino superwash sock yarn in Vroni
  • ATH Yarns, merino/bamboo/nylon in Shades of Rose

Other goodies:

  • a little red notebook full of different sizes of very small post-its
  • a genuine pin from The Loopy Ewe
  • a bar of Green Tea Hand Repair Soap from the Blue Ridge Soap Shed
  • a nice note from Sheri

May I also add how pleased I have been in the past with everything I've bought from The Loopy Ewe, both the merchandise and the prompt service.

I've already searched Ravelry for just the right patterns for these three yarns. I can barely wait to get started.

Thanks, Sheri!

2 comments:

Soonerbeknitting said...

I am totally envious!! I always enter her contests, but then I seldom win any contest.

What a great start to the year.

Deb said...

What a great prize! It's also good to hear that the year got off to a smooth start. We had 2 days of workshops Thurs and Fri, and today the kids come in. We had just about no time in our rooms to prepare, so my room is the least ready it's ever been --- I guess we're now supposed to come in to prepare rooms during unpaid time!