Monday, August 03, 2009

Proof

Just to prove I have been knitting and not wasting my time cleaning up clutter or dusting:




One sock:

Mountain Colors Bearfoot, Gray Wolf colorway

Garter Rib from Sensational Knitted Socks, modified by the Yarn Harlot's Sock Rules

64 stitches, Magic Loop, on Knit Picks classics, the larger size 1, which I suppose is a 1 1/2. Cable cast on.

These socks began as Black Rose, but the yarn just didn't want to be a lace pattern. The features I love about Bearfoot, besides the beautiful colors, are the smoothness when knitting and the cushiness when wearing. The garter rib makes a cushier top. Now to cast on for number 2.

Also this afternoon a friend brought by a large sack of acrylic yarn in full skeins of very bright colors, almost all of which will be suitable for the blankets I've been knitting for Victory Junction. I'm temporarily taking a break from the blankets to work on some other charity projects and some items for myself, but with these colors added to some I already have in stash, I should be all ready to go when the green flag drops at Daytona in February. Thanks, K & A.


2 comments:

Knittinreed said...

Beautiful colorway! Someone will have very happy feet :)

Probably Jane said...

those will be beautifully warm socks.