Monday, August 10, 2009

Warm and Cozy


The Bearfoot socks are finished and blocking. I gave them a vinegar soak to help avoid fading. That's what it says to do on the yarn label. I love the way the garter rib turned out. I think these will be extremely comfy! Although there are many colors, the socks are dark enough to go with almost anything, which is a plus.


There is also a yarn drawing from Denise for some yarn and Lavender Lemongrass Soap. Take a look at the beautiful shawls she makes. I'm quite envious of her lace-knitting skill.


I have finished another audio book or so, and I'll have reviews posted on the Shelfari shelf in my sidebar.


This week, I'm keeping two of my grandchildren. They're actually being a big help since I have convinced them to do the things that my own grandmother used to refer to as "closer to the ground." As in, "You're closer to the ground than I am, so would you ______?"


This morning we also went to the office to take care of all the employment insurance tasks that need to be done for my cafeteria plan before school starts. They were very sweet, coloring on a whiteboard while I talked with the agent and got my business completed.

tersiv--tur-siv--style of handwriting suited to very brief comments

3 comments:

Knittinreed said...

They look fabulous! what a great colorway and nice pattern.

Gee, maybe I can use that line with my younger students :-)

Deb said...

I love the socks! The pattern and yarn are a great match. Great color too!

Mari said...

These are great looking socks. Very pretty. :)