Monday, December 28, 2009

A Beginning

Last spring, I knitted blankets for the two older grandchildren for their birthdays. I planned to knit for the two younger ones for their next birthdays. Then it dawned on me the other day that those two birthdays are in January and February, and I had done nothing toward the knitting. I bought yarn yesterday for the January birthday. I'm making the log cabin design. I don't know why some of these color strips look crooked, other than I took the picture in a hurry and did not smooth out the piece very well. They are actually straight. This is my first try at I Love This Yarn, so I hope the blanket will be satisfactory. Wool is out of the question for this particular 3-year-old, and washability will definitely be a factor. I'm knitting as fast as I can. Ironically, I already had yarn on hand and a pattern chosen for the February blanket, but I need to do this one first for the girl who likes blue.

2 comments:

Robin said...

What a great looking blanket. Lucky recipients!!

Solaris said...

I can't wait to see the finished blanket. Have a wonderful day and thank you for visiting my blog.