Saturday, January 02, 2010

Midwinter Blues


In the best of ways--The progress I've made so far on the log cabin afghan for my granddaughter and lovely new sock yarn from my daughter's family for a Christmas present. This is Claudia Handpainted in Winter Sky, purchased from the Loopy Ewe.

Beautiful pictures of the sea and the sky--My mailbox today contained the new issue of National Geographic with a beautiful photo-heavy article on the Hebrides. One caption on a picture of the isle of Lewis includes a quotation from an island resident, Alice Starmore.

3 comments:

Knittinreed said...

Gorgeous colors!!! Log cabin is looking fabulous.

Rainy Daisy said...

Love your log cabin blanket - but I'm just a sucker for all things in shades of blue. And blankets.

Cheers!
Daisy

Anni said...

Love that yarn. The afghan is looking gorgeous too.