Friday, February 19, 2010

EEEEEK!

Last night, I struggled with the middle section of Chart B on the shawlette. I evidently had misread the instructions for moving markers and had moved them in the wrong direction. I knit and tinked one row three times. That, coupled with being extra tired from school yesterday, meant that I was not able to stay awake for the entire men's figure skating performance, so I turned on the DVR. This morning, I got up at 4:45 because I was awake from having conked out early and so that I could watch the recording. It was great! I could fast-forward through the commercials and the non-competitive bits to the actual performances and scores. Then the Russian skater took the ice, did his quad-double combination beautifully, and the recording cut off! Fortunately, the results were on the CNN web site, but I still haven't found out exactly what happened, and I'll have to wait until I can sneak some sort of peek at a computer later at school since it's time to go into my morning routine, which is always a little challenging on Friday.

At school, I'm in one of those stinky bits of time when you have to plan to make everything come out even in time for the interruption of standardized testing. That is harder than it sounds when you don't know how the basketball playoffs will affect the school schedule and exactly what other interruptions are coming up. The word in the spring is FLEXIBILITY. Or ASSESS, ADAPT, and OVERCOME. That is a problem for me, temperament-wise, since I'm more of an I SCHEDULED IT, SO LEAVE ME ALONE kind of person. I get much older and grumpier at this time of year.

No comments: