Tuesday, February 09, 2010

It's Finished!


The Log Cabin Blanket for the youngest granddaughter. It is made from a variety of good quality acrylics and blends. I am really excited about the way it turned out. I snapped a picture before blocking. I know that when I wash it, some of these yarns will become even softer. I hope she likes the rainbow colors. I'm too tired to post more right now--long and difficult day at school. It was nice to come home to the thrill of completing a knitting project.
Edit: I have decided that the entire world should be edged in attached I-cord. In spite of the fact that it can seem to be miles around any given project, I really like the finished look that it gives. When I was a teenager, the height of being dressed "professionally" for grown-up occasions was a Sebastian (spelling?) suit. My favorite, which I wore in college for at least one Homecoming was a wool double knit with a taupey brown straight skirt and a cream jacket with a bound edge of the skirt fabric that looked much like the attached I-cord. (I think I still have that suit somewhere. I'll have to look and take a picture if I do, with the suit on a hanger, not on me. ) I've always liked that look from the '60s. Isn't it funny how people now associate that time with all of the hippy-looking fashion and not with what many of us actually wore? After all, we were trying to live up to the image of sophistication presented by women like Jacqueline Kennedy.

3 comments:

Marguerite said...

Very very nice. Granddaughter is going to love it.

Solaris said...

Soooooo pretty!

Deb said...

Gorgeous!! What a lucky granddaughter.