Friday, February 12, 2010

My Olympic Challenge

I decided not to participate in the Ravelympics this year because the last time around I found the posting of progress and keeping up with teams to be very confusing. I am, however, participating in the Yarn Harlot's Knitting Olympics. My project is the Argus Shawlette from Wendy Knits. It is available on Ravelry. I am using a skein of wool and tencel from Susan's Spinning Bunny in the color Anshan's Biscotti. I swatched, and I went down a needle size to size 4s.

I'm not sure why I am choosing, in the spirit of the Olympics, to work on something that I do not do well--lace knitting. After all, Olympic athletes don't compete in their worst sport, but it seems to be the idea of the challenge of trying to better one's skills. Tonight, when the Opening Ceremonies begin in Vancouver, I will cast on. We'll see how long I last before becoming hopelessly confused by another lace pattern.

In case of emergency, I do have a sock already bagged for car and waiting room knitting.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I'm doing the Knitting Olympics too -- a sweater no less! That will be the challenge for me since my winter break isn't for another week.