Monday, February 15, 2010

Obligatory Ugly Lace Photo



Looks something like a trilobite, doesn't it? I'm not persuaded that the variegated yarn was the "thing" for this pattern, but it does hide mistakes. I've been very careful in making sure the yarn overs and increases and decreases are in the right places, but I'm also relatively sure that I have mixed up some K2togs and SSKs. The color variation covers those sorts of mistakes very well! I am halfway through the last repeat of Chart A.


I am thoroughly enjoying the Olympics. I did take time out to watch Daytona races this weekend. The extended time spent repairing the track meant that I had plenty of time to flip back to the Olympics, though. I understand that the Long Track Speed Skating had track surface problems today. There must be some sort of track curse going around. The pairs figure skating was beautiful as always, and I have watched some skiing competitions that I don't usually get to see. I am somewhat miffed, however, that curling starts tomorrow while I am at school and then continues in the afternoon while I will have after school tutoring. I only get to watch that event every four years.


This may be my last post for a few days. I'm making some changes in my ISP, and I'm not sure exactly when this service will cut off and when I will have the modem and router and technical advice to get up and running. I can still get Internet on my Blackberry, but it's not very efficient sometimes.

1 comment:

Deb said...

I'm miffed that I've missed a lot of what I want to see Olympic wise. By the time the skating gets going, I've had to head for bed! The good thing about the Summer Olympics is that I don't have to get up early the next day! By the way, I love your yarn color on your "ugly" lace!