Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Success!

The company converted my telephone line, and when I drove in from school, there was a small box sitting on the bench on my front porch containing the wireless modem/router. It installed beautifully although I did need the assistance of my DH for running some wires. Now I seem to have fast, efficient service. I am so excited, and I feel so competent! Did I mention that technical support was on the telephone? I wouldn't have needed them, though, if I hadn't been working on a Windows 7 system. Their excellent written instructions did not go past Vista. Alas, my daughter tells me she doubts that I qualify for big bucks as a network administrator, but I am at least the admin of my own little 2-computer-one-wireless-printer system. I would give my little network a cool name, but I don't know how to change the name, and I'm afraid to experiment because I just know I'll mess something up.

No knitting picture, but I did finish all the repeats of Chart A last night.

3 comments:

Solaris said...

Glad to "hear" the transition was smooth. BTW, the "Trilobite" from last post looks promising. Have a beautiful day.

Deb said...

Congratulations!! And I'm jealous. My only option here is prehistoric dial-up!

Knittinreed said...

Yay!!! It's great when technology works!