Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Productivity


First of all, from our hen, Henrietta. (I know we are not original with that name. Yes, there is only one fowl. I'll have to post the story. If we ever get our second hen, she is going to be named Pertelote because I AM an English teacher after all.) This is an egg, without a shell, with just a membrane. It doesn't have a yolk either. On the other hand for a first attempt this is much better than some of my first attempts at knitting. No, she did not lay it on a sock. I grabbed the nearest background that was handy.
Yesterday was unexpectedly productive at school. We got something settled departmentally because an opportunity just happened out of nowhere, and it is a real relief to have a decision made. Now we just need to hold firmly to it. I also got some other things done that are really not my job--a real irritation--but after all, I live in a COMMUNITY, and this is one of those things that I just have to suck up and endure.
Furthermore, I'm just starting Shakespeare, which always ends up being a student favorite. It is so much easier than drill, drill, drill for some state test.

Still not knitting because I'm still recuperating and not mentally up to finishing that lace shawl yet.

3 comments:

Solaris said...

What a cute 'egg'! I hope that you and your husband will feel much better soon.

Cathy said...

I have not been by your blog in awhile. What are you recuperating from?

I have a new blog with a new name, but the same person.

Deb said...

I'm glad that things are looking up at least at school. I wish I could say the same. Great picture!