Saturday, April 24, 2010

The Blob is Bigger!

I finished the second repeat of Chart A:

I notice, however, that the picture doesn't look much different from the one with just one repeat of Chart A. Sometimes progress is not obvious.

Unfortunately, I have been experiencing some shoulder pain if I knit--particularly if I purl--for long periods. I've been carefully pacing myself with rest periods between each row. Tonight, though, I got carried away because I was trying to make up for last night's lack of progress and because I was getting the pattern just right for a change. I am now paying for it with aches.

Notice also the classy stitch markers. I am not using my cute chickens because I've discovered that if I'm doing a pattern with numbers of yarnovers, I tend to knit my markers into my fabric and sometimes have to cut them out. My cute chickens are going to take their place on sock gussets or raglan increases. These beautiful markers are Sonic specials--tiny slices from a Route 44 Diet Dr Pepper straw. I have used tiny rubber bands in the past, but they are hard to find and cost money. These are free if you don't count the cost of the Dr Pepper, and you can get plenty of them from a single straw.

We made a rush trip this morning to buy my DH a recliner while a good sale was still on. It has been a number of years since we've done this, and he's been sitting in a motley variety of chairs including a beanbag. Eventually, you reach an age when getting out of a beanbag is waaaay too much trouble. I think I'm as excited as he is.

No comments: