Sunday, April 11, 2010

A Finished Granny!


I finished the Giant Granny Square Afghan this afternoon while watching All Creatures Great and Small on Netflix. I am pleased with the result, particularly since I limited myself to yarns that I already had on hand. It was a learning experience for me. I worked hard on my tension skills, and the tension of my double crochets did improve by the time I finished. Crochet certainly uses more yarn than knitting. This finished project is much heavier than the equivalent size of knitted blanket. The openwork, however, does allow it to be very drapey, so that is ok--I was worried that it would be stiff.

1 comment:

River Glorious said...

:) Very nice work you did there. Crochet does have drape (there are exceptions) and if you are using acrylic (not a curse word) it will soften after washing, especially if you dry it in a drying machine.

Very nice granny. :)